Feb 3, 2011

Green Monster

I've been trying to be more healthy and the green monster has been a part of that on a daily basis.  I've been eating more healthy in general and lost a few pounds with out really trying but it is a plus since I packed on a few in the last couple years. (It would be nice to weigh W-7 pounds)  I haven't really been working out... I did start the Couch Potato to 5 K but only got through the first week before i got a cold... cough cough sniffle sniffle... but as soon as I get over it I'll be back to it.

I got the Green Monster recipe idea from a friend and it's the only one I've tried.  It's just like a blueberry banana smoothie I'd make normally but with spinach.  All the other ones I've seen don't seem like they would be as good.  I know Ashley also puts... I think it's called Super Green in hers which I might have to take a trip to Whole Foods for. 

Here is how I make mine:

Opps forgot to put the banana in the picture



     Add a hand full of FROZEN blueberries or about enough to cover the blades in the blender.  No ice needed

Half a banana

     Handful of spinach- use more than you think. You really can't taste it unless you use a way lot, but even then it isn't bad

Glob of plain greek yogurt

     Honey- about 1-2 teaspoons or so to sweeten up the yogurt

     Almond Milk- enough to cover up the blueberries plus a little- this is better a little runny,
otherwise it is a weird foamy texture.

Blend it all up from this
To this

Pour it into a nice big glass
RAWRRRR!!!!

MMMMMMM..... Drink up!
I promise it's way tastier than it looks!

Just a note- I try to use organic as much as I can especially with this because the idea of drinking up pesticides and fertilizers creeps me out.


1 comment:

  1. Amazing Grass is what I use in mine. I use chocolate and it seriously tastes like dessert. It is super pricy but it goes on sale once in a while at Whole Foods.

    ReplyDelete