Feb 4, 2011

Drug Store Round Up


Another edition of the drug store round up! This time shampoo/conditioner and oral health! 

I picked up some Organix Hydrating Tea Tree Mint Shampoo and Rejuvenating Cherry Blossom Ginseng Conditioner.  They both say they are earth friendly (eco-friendly bottles) and not tested on animals but not completely organic like you would think from the brand name.

I bought some of their smoothing hair serum a while ago and it works almost as good as Paul Mitchell's Skinny but a fraction of the price.  So I figured I'd try some more of their stuff.  This shampoo and conditioner get two thumbs up also!  The shampoo smells heavenly- very refreshing and minty.  The conditioner smells good too -very sweet smelling but not too much.  My hair feels nice and smooth after I wash it, and the shower smells great!

I also bought some Tom's toothpaste and mouth wash after watching some videos about how fluoride is a waste produce from aluminum plants and how it actually has negative effects on the body.  The origin of how fluoride got in our water systems is pretty interesting .  I'll try to find the videos and post them at the bottom.

Also, I was listening to one of the programs on WPRK 91.5 (you can also stream their station on line- they usually have pretty good tunes!) about conspiracy theories super early in the morning one day on the way to school and they were talking about how the government uses fluoride as mind control.  I wouldn't go that far but I don't agree with it being in our water and foods after learning more about it.

I got this fluoride free toothpaste  because I figure I get enough fluoride from tap water and I was over dosed on fluoride as a kid (thanks mom) because the water where I lived growing up didn't have fluoride in it and the directions on the flouride tablet box were in dutch and you know... everything else I learning about it from the docs.

The toothpaste works just as well or even better than anything else I've used and it came in a compostable box.  The mouth wash is ok.  It doesn't feel that strong but I like to use it to rinse my mouth out after I floss rather than using just water.  Two thumbs up!

Here's one of the videos   The Fluoride Deception
And here's a couple more documentaryheaven.com

Both these sites have good documentaries on different things if you have time to kill.

1 comment:

  1. you are inspiring me...to do what i'm not sure yet...but i feel it.

    ReplyDelete