Feb 5, 2011

Cupcakes!!!

So by the end of work Friday I was annoyed, had a headache, and had errands to do.  I had to run to a couple banks around town and really needed a pick me up!  Thank heavens for Cakes by Ron.  I had seen it driving by and my mom mentioned it the other day too.  Well I passed it on the way home and could not resist!



Cupcakes are all the rage now it seems.  I use to take bike rides to Raphsodic Cooperative Company, a vegan bakery, for a sweet treat (mainly cupcakes) in Orlando.  And I know there are several more cupcake shops around town I never made it to.


Well I think I found an new fav. place to get my sweet fix.  The shop is in a new plaza and looked very promising from the outside.  Inside was a little cramped.  There was a room for cake tastings/ event planning with glass walls.  There were at least 7 tiered cakes on display, and they all looked amazing!  The other room you first walk into has a little display case with probably about 9 different flavors of cupcakes.  They are pretty giant sized and a great price for how big they are ($3).  I of course got the chocolate, but they also had a hostess cupcake, strawberry, carrot cake, yellow cake with sprinkles... they all looked delicious!  In the back you can see where the magic happens.  The only thing lacking was a couple little tables to sit down at to enjoy your cupcake.  So I took it to go.


Cute packaging!
There was no way I should have eaten more than half of it.  The picture does not do it justice.  So I cut it up, poured a glass of almond milk and enjoyed it on the patio.

mmmm....
The cake could have been a tad bit more moist but it was not dry by any means.  The frosting was really good -coming from a person that is not a frosting fan, and it had a big chip of hard dark chocolate on the top that was also very savory.  I'll be back for more and keep picking at the left overs in the fridge.  Two sweet thumbs up.

2 comments: