Feb 11, 2011

Afternoon Snack + Some Tunes

I don't know how I never knew this before, but you can easily grow your own lentil sprouts!  All you need is a package of dried lentil beans, H2O, cheesecloth (i used saran wrap and it works fine), a clear container, and sunlight!  It is sooooo cheap and tasty!



Here's some simple steps-


1. Rinse off the lentils. Place lentils in clear container and cover with water.  Put cheese cloth or saran wrap with holes poked in it over the container.  Soak over night. Place in window sill or sunny spot.

2. The next morning drain and gently rinse the beans.  Place back in container.  There should be no standing water but the beans should still be wet and cover again.

3.  Rinse and repeat for a few days.

4. Enjoy them in a salad, sandwich, or any other way you can think of once they sprout little leaves

Tip- make sure the beans don't get smelly or slimy- they shouldn't if you use a clean container and rise well with no standing water while they are sitting.

I started mine only 2 days ago and they will probably be ready tomorrow. They sprouted super fast!

I also made some carrot, apple, ginger juice today-

half an apple, 1 carrot, about an inch of ginger (the ginger was a bit strong but I don't really mind it)

And lastly- edamame- I just buy the fresh ones that are vacuumed packed and eat them plain- they are sorta like lima beans and packed with protein. mmmmm....


To take it back to back in the day (TRL anyone?) and put a music video with our after school (now work) snack Jenny Lewis has a new album I've been listening to pretty much on repeat while I've been working on my desk.

(I don't know how to embed it so just click here to watch)

Here's an older song from Rilo Kiley.  I don't know how you feel about it but it makes me want to give someone a lap dance -Moneymaker
This song makes me feel the same way... enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment