Jan 15, 2011

Artists and Museums


This painting is what made me fall in love!  Her name is Audrey Kawasaki. You can learn more about her and see more of her work here. All her pictures are very similar with the wood grain and soft blush of colors of pixieesque little ladies. love love love!


I should also mention a little lady by the name of Megan.  I met her through friends and she went to Ringling in Sarasota.  It was always awe inspiring to hang out, whether it was in Sarasota, Orlando, or Vero, and take a look through her sketch book or whatever paintings she had laying around.  I just don't know how people take what's in their head make the synapses connect to their finger tips and  and put it on paper. Anyways, take a look.


Feel like taking a trip? Maybe in more than one way? Visit the Dali Museum in St. Pete which just opened.  This was a little confusing to me because I thought there was already one there, but I'm thinking that was just a temporary exhibit and this one is permanent. I saw the old exhibit maybe a year or two ago and it was really great.

I though Dali was over rated but I would have to take that back after seeing his work first hand.  There is so much to it and way more than first meets the eye. Some of it is done on such a massive scale.  Definitely take the guided tour if they offer it.  I wish I remembered more about the meanings behind the paintings and what you really have to look but I have a horrible memory so you'll have to go for yourself to see what it's all about.


I hope to be around Tampa at the end of the month (Gasparilla!) but I don't know because I have a lot going on that last weekend that I want/need to do.  Hopefully I will be able to check it off my list before the end of the month if I make it up there! After 5 on Thurs. it's only 10 bones.  Good deal!  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment